Monday, June 7, 2010

Vacation!

We swung by Ithaca for Memorial Day weekend and then we made a long over due visit to see Omi and Opa in Delhi, NY. We had a wonderful time. We swam in the pool, visited a butterfly conservatory in Oneonta, ate exceptional food, took a tour of Uncle Greg's barn (Jacob has been talking about this incessantly since we've been home) and enjoyed the wonderful views of the Catskills while sipping on wine and conversing about politics, religion and the state of our world.

Hi!

I love my grandparents! Jacob loved the butterflies at the conservatory. They were flying everywhere! It was quite amazing. There were also turtles, tropical birds, walking sticks, lizards and much, much more! It was worth the trip and made us all appreciate God's creation a little bit more. An attempt at a group shot.
The food here is GREAT Raphael is saying!
Poppa and Raphael.Tractor time for Raphael!Maria, Mom and I. After five months, Maria has returned from Malawi! We missed you girl.

Mom A. and Dad K. staying out of the sun!

Boys and their tractors! Jacob loved roaming around the lawn on his Christmas present that he was FINALLY able to enjoy outside.

Grandma A. and Raph. What a gorgeous day it was! We are so very blest.

Maria and the cutie. I REALLY miss Raphael's hair!! It'll grow...



At Mom and Dad K's house. Look at the gorgeous orchids!

4 comments:

The Future Librarian said...

yay! i love the picture where Jacob is helping cut the lawn!! too cute! miss you all!

My Family said...

That looks like a well deserved vacation! What a beautiful area! Thanks for lunch today! I really enjoyed chatting with you! We need to do it more often!

kristenita said...

I LOVE the picture of Maria & Raphie. Sounds like it was a fun trip!!

Virginia Albanese said...

we certainly enjoyed our time with
everyone. I love the picture with Jacob and Poppy on lawnmowers..Jacob is sooo serious.
Your visit w/Omi and Opa looked fun
and with Maria (nice pics of you both)