Our family has a lot to be thankful for. We have two beautiful, active, healthy and curious little boys. These boys keep me on my toes constantly and are active, active active. At times Jacob's incessant questioning might make me loss my mind, but in reality I know that he's thinking and wondering. He's learning about Jesus, nature, how to color, dinosaurs, cooking and family (to name a few). I'm thankful for Raphael's beautiful smile and joy of climbing! He is a very happy and (at times) easy going little man.
I'm thankful for the gifts of our minds. On a daily basis we're reading childrens' books, medical books (Jay not me), novels, books on prayer/faith, cookbooks, magazines, newspapers, blogs, the Internet, etc. The amount of information that we can find on a daily basis is truly overwhelming at times. However, I am grateful for the ability to read, educate myself and create my own opinions and point of view. Reading is a gift that I cannot imagine my life without!
I'm thankful for a hardworking and dedicated spouse. We have been married for over 6 years and have known each other for 16 years! Jay is truly my best friend and I cannot believe the journey that we've embarked upon. If you would have told me that the kid with the mustache, guitar and macho attitude in 7th grade would become my husband and a future oral surgeon I would have told you that you were crazy!
I'm thankful for family! At times I wish we lived closer so we could just pop over for a Sunday dinner or for some conversation and play, but considering where we could have ended up I'm grateful we're only a couple hours away! Our family supports us endlessly and is extremely caring and loving. I have two wonderful sisters who I can rely on for anything. Whenever I need a pick-me-up, I can call one of them for words of advice or just to chat! Love you Maria and Rebecca. Jacob and Raphael have wonderful grandparents, aunts and uncles, great-grandparents, the list goes on and on.
I'm thankful for friendships! Since moving to Buffalo I have met some wonderful people! I also have great friends from Oneonta, ICS, Lansing, John Carroll, Summit and dental school. I cherish all of my friendships and try my hardest to keep in touch with those who are near and far. A girls' night out, every once in a while, keeps me rejuvenated. It is also reassuring to share stories, conversation and food with fellow moms. Thank you all for being my friend, I hope I've been equally as great a friend to you!
| Sorry that this isn't the greatest picture girls! |
Finally, I'm thankful to be Catholic. This year I have been involved in our MOMS group and recently started attending a weekly prayer group with a bunch of wonderful and inspirational mothers. Our parish is a vibrant and active community full of dedicatedl people. Our faith is truly a gift which I pray each and every day that our children will appreciate and learn to love. Without faith our world can be a dark and empty place. Prayer is something that I have also really come to appreciate and delve into deeper on a daily basis. Wonderful prayers such as the rosary are beautiful intercessions to our Holy Mother Mary and Jesus. I hope that more people will come to discover the beauty that these prayers hold and the inner peace that they can foster on a daily basis in a chaotic world.
Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!
2 comments:
Sweet post... and I am thankful for YOU!!!
That picture of us girls is pretty hilarious.
I cannot imagine Jay with a mustache.
You have always been a great friend. I definently look up to your example. Happy Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment